Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Forward Moving Friday.. "How" are you moving FORWARD today?

It's Forward Moving Friday again... what do you have planned for the weekend that will bring you one step closer to your #1 goal? 

If you're not quite sure yet, try this on for size. Maybe this weekend instead of focusing just on the "what" of your goal, focus on the "how". By this I mean the process or quality with which you accomplish your task.

As an example, as many of you know, cycling is my passion and I spend many hours and many days in the saddle. Each day has a specific task that guides me towards my specific goals. And the goals are all very concrete and measurable. The irony though, to me, is that it is the process, state of mind, and "how" of how I approach each workout that truly bring in the results. If I go out on my bike with my head in the tank, thinking about how tired I am or how hard the workout is going to be, what do you think the workout is going to be like? ... well.. umm... HARD.. and probably slow.. and probably not to fun. It is important to consider the "how" when approaching both things that we love and things that maybe we don't love so much. If we can approach all things with an open mind and a little bit of loving energy we are more likely to find success, experience joy and positively impact those around us.

So regardless if you goal is focused on your training, relationship, personal life or work notice "how" you are approaching the task at hand. If you don't like "how" you are approaching the moment, then take a moment, pause, breathe and ask yourself, "how do I want to be approaching this task?" When the answer surfaces, take heed and move into the next moment.

Hope you enjoy the process =]

Heidi




No comments:

Post a Comment