Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thoughts and reflections on IMAZ2012

Another IM in the books! Wow what an experience. You know.. this year I set 99% of training myself, took care of most of my body strength and restoration needs with yoga and fueled exclusively with my nutrition (perform and clif shots mostly) and Athlete Octane. And today, after all is said and done, despite a little dehydration and some stiffness in my shoulder and feet I feel pretty damn good! M
uscles aren't really sore my body moves and as long as my feet are up to the challenge I will be out at the Turkey Day 5k =) You know, part of this training experience for me was about tackling the challenge of IM on my own. I feel that I did that in many ways but while I was out there yesterday I realized something truly priceless. Doing an IM alone is not only impossible it is a lonely journey. I did set my own training and go minimalistic on body care but that is about all I did on my own. While I was out there racing yesterday I realized how many people I know and how many friends I have in this community of ours. You will never know how much your friendship means to me. I didn't find my family despite a smile from my mom after the swim until the 3rd lap on the run. All the hugs from all of you on the run course kept me going even more so than my fuel yesterday. Each and every one of you... thank you for your time, friendship and commitment to the sport of triathlon. And even more, I have to give a great shout out to all those spectators and volunteers that I don't know. You are amazing. being out there all day in the same spot.. man.. they have endurance too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment